Alert neighbor noticed flames from gas grill that reignited and caught garage on fire… [VIDEO]

Alert neighbor noticed flames from gas grill that reignited and caught garage on fire… [VIDEO]

SOUTH YARMOUTH – A woman looked out her window and saw flames; the outside wall of her neighbor’s garage was burning and it’s a good thing she called 911 right away because a propane grill was also fully involved.

According to sources, a couple had been grilling earlier and went back inside the home, not expecting what was about to happen next. The gas grill somehow reignited, quickly catching onto an outside wall of their home.

At about 1:03AM, Yarmouth Fire and Police were called to 33 Mynelle Drive for the structure fire…

A Yarmouth Police Officer was one of the first on scene and he quickly began to attack the flames from inside the garage with a small extinguisher from his cruiser.

The young couple were able to safely exit their home and were watching the situation unfold as HN arrived on scene.

Thanks to an alert neighbor and a quick response from Yarmouth Firefighters, the flames were quickly knocked down. Firefighters then ripped into the wall and roof line hunting down some more illusive flames making their way into the attic area of the garage.

It was a good save and job well done for the Yamouth FD.

There were no reported injuries.

[Press play… select HD in the settings…]

12/13/2016

 

Robert Bastille

 

CLICK here to ‘like’ and follow HN on Facebook

 


 

© 2016 Robert Bastille, HyannisNews.com

 

P.S. – Today’s HyTown Vignette is brought to you by Lightnin’ Hopkins… [Press play]