The Yarmouth Police is urging everyone to come out and show their love and support for fallen Police Officer Sean Gannon.
Every since his murder, Patrolman Sean Gannon has been under 24 hour guard by members of the Yarmouth and Barnstable Police Departments, according to a YPD media statement.
Today – Tuesday, April 17, 2018 – at approximately 3:00PM, Yarmouth Police K9 Officer Sean M. Gannon will be escorted with Full Law Enforcement Honor from his current resting place at Doane, Beal & Ames Funeral Home in Hyannis to his wake at Saint Pius Church in Yarmouth.
People are asked to come out and line the streets wearing blue.
The Full Law Enforcement Honor Escort Route is as follows:
– From Doane, Beal & Ames in Hyannis traveling east on West Main Street toward the West End Rotary
– Right at the West End Rotary onto South South Street.
– Left onto Lewis Bay Road passing the Cape Cod Hospital.
– Right onto Main Street in the East End of Hyannis toward West Yarmouth.
– Right onto Route 28 where Main Street crosses over into West Yarmouth.
– The route will then travel east on Route 28 from West Yarmouth all the way to the intersection with North Main Street prior to the Bass River Bridge.
– Left onto North Main Street.
– Then left onto Station Avenue toward Saint Pius Church
HN NOTE: Hopefully everyone can come out… and for those who cannot, HN will be attempting to bring LIVE coverage of the procession on HyannisNews.com YouTube and HyannisNews.com Facebook.
Please keep Officer Sean Gannon, his family, and loved ones in your thoughts and prayers, as one of our very best and bravest continues along his peaceful journey home.