BOURNE – As you will see and hear in the following HN Video, according to Bourne Interim Fire Chief David Cody, firefighters responded to a structure fire that started from the wood stove at 56 Cotuit Road shortly before 2:00 a.m. this morning.
A 65-year-old male and a 35-year-old male came out of their bedrooms to find the home filled with smoke and flames showing.
The first crews on scene made entry and began battling fire on the first floor in the the area of the wood stove.
Both men were transported to Tobey Hospital by Wareham EMS for smoke inhalation. One of the men suffered burns to his extremities that were not believed to be life-threatening at this time.
Bourne Firefighters know the fire started related to the wood stove, but were not sure of the precise circumstances at this time.
The following HN footage begins with a quick interview with Interim Chief Cody, then highlights the still very active scene, along with the extensive damage to the home…