HYANNIS – Firefighters quickly knocked down a deck fire that was caused by an outdoor propane heater at the Harborview Restaurant this evening.
As you will see in the following HN Video, at about 9:00 p.m., Hyannis Fire crews responded to the outside second story deck at 235 Ocean Street.
According to Lt. Curtis Pike of the Hyannis Department, they could see the smoke as they turned onto Ocean Street from South Street. And once at the scene they quickly attacked a fire which had caught onto the railing and other parts of the deck. The flames were knocked down within minutes, and according to Lt. Pike, the fire was caused by a propane deck warmer. There were no injuries reported.