HYANNIS – Did you feel it?
Well, in case you missed it, today at about 9:10 a.m., many of our more sentient Cape Cod neighbors, brethren and “sistren,” experience what some might call “a little shake, rattle and roll.”
And some people weren’t necessarily loving it… while others seemed completely unfazed by it. “It” being a magnitude 4.0 earthquake recorded about 8 miles from New Bedford, MA, according to earthquake.usgs.gov.
It was something different for most Cape Codders (as if we needed it), with some initially wondering if a large truck had just rumbled by.
“We thought it was a big plane from the base on the Cape. We heard all of the glasses clinging and a loud rumble. Holy cow!!” commented one person on HN FB. “I’m in Hyannis… I thought my house was blowing up or something. Scary stuff,” wrote another.
The reports were many:
– “I was in our drum shop, all the snares were buzzing. Scary for sure!”
– “We experienced that too as well the whole house shook. Never experienced that ever here on the Cape in 25 years.”
– “I felt and heard it, thought my dam house was gonna blow up.. it vibrated and made a weird sound, my dog was freaking out.,, I had no idea what was happening until my brother texted me he lives in New Bedford.”
– “The dog was low growling minutes prior to it. I was laying in bed with grandson. Creepy. 2020 isn’t over yet…”
– “Sounded like a big truck rumbling down the street in Osterville.”
One person asked if “aftershocks” were expected…… c’mon now, it’s 2020! You tell me! 😉
P.S. – Today’s Hytown Vignette music is brought to you by KC & The Sunshine Band… [CLICK IT/CRANK IT!]
(Top HN Photo: “Unfazed by it…” two out enjoying their ride along Ocean Street in Hyannis today.)
Business Card Directory
Add your business card click here