MASHPEE – A young man was transported to the hospital with a second burn after putting out a burning mattress early this morning.
At about 12:30 a.m., police and firefighters responded to reports of smoke and fire in the basement of 56 Canonchet Ave. The fire is believed to have started when a candle ignited the corner of a mattress. A young male basement occupant was able to knock down the fire with the assistance of police, according to reports.
Sandwich Fire Department sent a mutual aid ambulance to the scene to transport the young male who suffered what was described as a minor second degree burn to his left hand.
Officials credit smoke detectors for going off throughout the building and alerting the other occupants. All of the home’s occupants (at least 3 individuals) were displaced by the fire due to smoke damage…
The following HN Video begins with an interview with Chief Thomas Rullo of the Mashpee Fire/Rescue Department. It then continues to briefly highlight the scene…
Business Card Directory
Add your business card click here