SOUTH YARMOUTH – As you will see in the following HN Video, neighbors came out of their homes to comfort an elderly woman as she watched her home go up in flames.
Firefighters and police were already on scene as HN arrived at 80 Mayflower Terrace at about 4:00 a.m.. As you will see in the HN Video, firefighters had to use extra caution as their was a live wire down in front of the home.
It is believed the fire may have started because of a faulty air conditioning unit, but that has not been officially confirmed.
The first firefighters on scene made an aggressive attack, entering a home which was already heavily involved.
The call went to a second alarm to bring in relief for the first wave of firefighters.
Firefighters were still working the scene at 6:20 p.m., the time of this report… [DEVELOPING]