ABOVE HN PHOTO: State and Barnstable Police detectives working inside a mobile command post set up at 91 Oakview Terrace in Hyannis, just footsteps away from murder scene which had just occurred earlier that same evening. INSERT: A high ranking Barnstable Police official confirms that the man in this 2012 BPD booking photo is the same man accused of murdering Eric Christensen on December 8, 2021.
HYANNIS – According to a Massachusetts State Police arraignment report obtained today in Barnstable District Court, cellular data records allegedly show that Justin Peckham, the 29-year-old man accused murdering Eric Christensen at his Hyannis home earlier this month, was in the area of the crime scene on foot during the time of the homicide.
Trooper Justin Waskiewicz’s arraignment report continues as follows:
“1. On Thursday, December 23, 2021, at approximately 5:15 pm, members of the Massachusetts State Police arrested Justin M. PECKHAM (DOB: 1-13-92) of 39 Lonsdale Street Boston, Massachusetts on a straight warrant out of Barnstable District Court for the following charges: Chapter 265 Section 1: Murder and Chapter 265 Section 15E: Assault and Battery by Discharge of a Firearm. The information provided below is for arraignment purposes in order to establish probable cause and does not include each and every fact [known] to investigators.
2. On Wednesday, December 8, 2021, at approximately 5:57 PM, the Barnstable Police Department received a 911 call for a medical emergency at 91 Oakview Terrace in Hyannis. According to Barnstable Police/911 Dispatchers, the caller said the victim appeared to have fallen down. He continued to say that the victim was unconscious, not breathing, and had fluid coming out the back of his head. The Dispatcher immediately instructed the caller to perform CPR. Moments later, first responders from the Barnstable Police and Hyannis Fire/Rescue Departments arrived on scene and the caller hung up the phone.
3. Barnstable Police Officers were first on scene and took over performing CPR from the 911 caller. Shortly after their arrival on scene, the members of Hyannis Fire/Rescue Department transported the victim to Cape Cod Hospital. After the victim and Hyannis Fire/Rescue personnel departed the scene, Officers identified the victim as Eric CHRISTENSEN, DOB: 3/21/71, 91 Oakview Terrace Hyannis, MA, and the 911 caller as his roommate, Jordan Sigal, DOB: 3/18/97, 91 Oakview Terrace Hyannis, MA, [redacted word/phrase]
4. Officers noticed what appeared to be bullet/projectile holes in the refridgerator and interior door. They also saw a circular hole in the kitchen window with spider web like cracks around the hole that appeared to be from a bullet/projectile. Officers also noticed what appeared to be a bullet/projectile on the floor of the kitchen. After realizing Mr. CHRISTENSEN may have been shot, officers secured the home as a crime scene and requested additional assets to assist in the investigation.
5. Mr. CHRISTENSEN was transported via Hyannis Fire/Rescue to Cape Cod Hospital where [he] was subsequently pronounced deceased at 6:32 PM by Dr. Allen Bragdon.
6. Through multiple search warrants, Cellular Data Records “CDR”, “Tower Dumps,” Cellular Site Location Information and interviews, investigators learned that PECKHAM was in the area of 91 Oakview Terrace Hyannis, on foot, during the time of the homicide.
7. An interview of WITNESS#1 (Name, address and contact information are known to investigator and being withheld for their safety) revealed that WITNESS#1 drove PECKHAM to the area of Oakview Terrace in Hyannis prior to the homicide on 12-8-21 and picked PECKHAM up in the area shortly after the homicide. Once in the vehicle, PECKHAM advised WITNESS#1 that he just shot someone. This statement was corroborated by WITNESS#2 (Name, address and contact information are known to investigator and is being withheld for their safety) who was in the vehicle with WITNESS#1 and PECKHAM after the time of the homicide.
8. On Thursday, December 23, 2021, I [Trooper Waskiewicz] applied for and was granted an a search warrant out of Barnstable District Court for Justin PECKHAM’s residence of 39 Lonsdale Street Boston MA and Justin PECKHAM’s person. I also applied for and was granted an arrest warrant for Justin PECKHAM out of Barnstable District Court for the charges of Murder and Assault & Battery by Discharge of a Firearm.
9. On Thursday, December 23, 2021, at approximately 5:15pm, members of the Massachusetts State Police placed Justin PECKHAM into custody without incident at 39 Lonsdale St Boston MA. Mr. PECKHAM was read his Miranda Rights, which he stated he understood and was transported to [State Police] South Boston for booking.
10. During transport and while at [State Police] South Boston, PECKHAM was interviewed by investigators. During the interview, PECKHAM made statements consistent with the charges filed against him. Once the interview and booking process were completed, PECKHAM was transported to the Barnstable Police Department where he was held for arraignment.”
# # # # #
Accused of Murdering Eric Christensen of Hyannis, Peckham was arraigned this past Friday, December 24, 2021. He remains in custody and is due back in court next month on January 28, 2021 for a probable cause hearing…
EARLIER HN REPORTS REGARDING THE MURDER OF ERIC CHRISTENSEN – CLICK FOLLOWING:
Business Card Directory
Add your business card click here